Thursday, March 20, 2008

Making the Wright choice for Dublin...

In case you haven't heard, the latest word is that Dublin Bus have ordered 50 Wrights Geminis, not forgetting the 1 Hybrid Electric Gemini thats due to Dublin shortly.

For this reason, I decided to look through my collection and see what Wright Gemini photos I have, mostly from London were Geminis are very common. However, one picture I came across was of a HEV Wrights Gemini for London, like the one due to Dublin, at the NEC Bus & Coach Show in 2006.
As I said Wrights Geminis have a pig presence in London, here's a few pics of them...Arriva's DW59 at Hyde Park Corner on Route 137 to Oxford Circus.

London General's WVL156 on Route 11 passing along The Strand towards Fulham.

London Central's WVL259 on Route 68 to Euston.

But how could I publish photos of London buses without putting in a shot of an iconic Routemaster...
Arriva's RM2344 on the last day of Routemaster operation on Route 38, at the terminus at Clapton Pond.